6 Practical Tips To Putting On A Great Karaoke Performance
If you’re reading this article then you’re probably a karaoke fan or at the very least curious. Perhaps you secretly dream of leading a cheering crowd in a rousing rendition of Queen’s “We Are The Champions”, although you could never admit it. Whichever category you fall into, all you need to do is follow these 6 indispensible tips for a fantastic karaoke experience.
1. Choose your song carefully and know it well. Otherwise you risk boring everyone to death.
2. Keep your clothes on. Even if that hottie has caught your eye and in the moment you’re feeling like a mix between a young Mick Jagger and Mickey Rourke, don’t give in to temptation. We’re saying this for your own good.
3. Sing something famous, especially if you’re a beginner. Otherwise you’ll start to see people leaving for the bathroom, going outside for a smoke, chatting louder and louder to each other or even throwing things onstage..whatever the outcome, it won’t be pleasant.
4. If you want a realistic performance, choose a song that matches your mood for the evening. For example, if your partner has just dumped you then something along the lines of Robbie Williams “Angels” could work well. Or maybe something a little more harsh…but we’re not allowed to write those types of song titles on this blog.
5. Don’t go kamikaze – choose a song that you’re capable of sing. And if you find a note that you can’t hit, just turn the microphone around and let people sing along. It might be a little crowd-pandering but it works every time.
6. Enjoy yourself (just keep in mind our #2 tip, ok?) and don’t take it too seriously. Karaoke can cure almost anything, from chronic shyness to challenging yourself to step outside your comfort zone.
Try it for yourself and you might just discover a whole new world of excitement. We’ll be waiting with open arms (and microphones) every night of the year.
RED GARTER : WE MAKE EVERY NIGHT SPECIAL